The Newport International Boat Show (NIBS), now in its 48th year, is managed by Newport Exhibition Group. This dynamic and experienced team of trade/consumer show professionals is dedicated to creating a safe, professional environment where buyers and sellers gather, share, and explore the many facets of the boating and marine industry.
Below are a few of the key reasons NIBS has become a “must do” show for exhibitors and attendees alike. For additional information and further details, please view our Exhibitor Brochure or contact our sales team directly.
- Location, Location, Location: Known for the deep waters of Narragansett Bay, easy ocean access, and a spacious, convenient harbor, Newport, Rhode Island doesn’t just set the stage for world-class boating, it is the stage. Its esteemed nautical history continues to draw, on a global scale, both professional and recreational interest from across the marine industry. This world-renown location presents an ideal venue for NIBS that spans thirteen acres along the vibrant downtown waterfront and draws buyers from the affluent Northeast corridor (Boston to New York), the mid-Atlantic states, and beyond.
- Qualified Attendees: Post-event surveys, industry feedback, and a high rate of returning exhibitors indicates NIBS attendees are interested, educated, financially-able, and are looking to close the deal.
- NIBS is Power & Sail: With over 600 exhibitors and the largest in-water display in New England, both power and sail boats are heavily represented at the show. Whether exploring the docks or searching for the perfect piece of equipment, every type and level of boater has a reason to attend!
- Newport For New Products Program (NFNP): NFNP is a launch pad for new boats and products making their official U.S. debut at the Newport Show. Unique to NIBS and FREE to qualified exhibitors, this nationally-recognized awards and marketing program highlights each NFNP entry at the show, on the NIBS website, and in a special insert in the popular Cruising World, Sailing World, and Yachting magazines. All it takes is a simple application and a photo! Learn more about NFNP.
- Edson Award for Excellence: Every year, Edson International awards four exhibitors who have gone above and beyond to project their company’s image at the show. Winners receive $1000 off the following year’s display space and a special banner to display proudly during and after the show. Learn more about the Edson Awards
- Outstanding Marketing & Media: Our multi-tiered marketing and PR strategy puts NIBS on everyone’s calendar! Using almost every platform of media available, including print, TV, radio, email, web and billboards, our marketing plan totals over 180 million estimated impressions
“The show went great, we had a steady volume of people in and out of the boat and the weather held out,” said Morgan Everson, Dream Yacht Charters
“We exhibit at the Newport Int boat show because we reach a segment of boat owners with high net worth. The geographical reach is from Down East to New York City and Long Island which are very fertile yachting markets. Only Newport reaches these markets. The town of Newport is also a great destination for fun,” said Scott Alexander, Seldén Mast, Inc.
“This was our first year exhibiting in Newport and we were really impressed by the smooth organization and steady crowds. We look forward to seeing you next year,” said Graham Quinn, Harding Sails.
“The Newport International Boat Show felt great to me this year,” said Eric Braitmayer, CEO, IMTRA. “I was impressed with the overall appearance of the show and the boats, products and services on display. It felt like it had everything in a package and was very easy to traverse.”
“We are constantly reminded when we go to other shows, just how good your audience is. Real boaters who respect nice boats.”
– Bentley Collins – Sabre Yachts
“Thanks for a great show. Our whole Gowrie Group team had a great time and everyone thought the show had a great buzz and vibe. So many impressive boats! We had more clients/friends than ever before stopping by our booth.”
– Whitney Peterson, VP, Marketing, The Gowrie Group
“I have been attending this boat show for many years and I just wanted to let you all know it has always been a great pleasure and one that I look forward to every year. Please keep up the good work, because you are the reason I keep coming back. You all are the reason this event is such a wonderful success.”
– Chris Kuhn, attendee
“Thanks for putting on a great boat show! We were very glad to be there, and really appreciate what felt like a great location. Your staff was always helpful, as were our great neighbors… Please consider us interested and happy customers.”
– Bill Griffin, Fawcett Boat Supplies
“This was far and away our best year in terms of gross sales and ease of operation. The euphoria of the show is still in the air, and the high of success is still there.”
– Jay Lasky, Helly Hansen, Newport
“The Newport International Boat Show continues to deliver prospects from the entire northeast. We are committed to continue our participation in this major annual event based on our success in retail sales.”
– Andrew Schneider, Marine Max
Newport For New Products
Being the first major show of the fall boat show season, foreign and domestic manufacturers embrace the Newport International Boat Show as the place to launch their new boats and boating products. Even better, NIBS is home to the popular Newport For New Products (NFNP) program which, in partnership with three national boating magazines; Cruising World, Sailing World, and Yachting, showcases these debuts via several marketing and media platforms at no additional cost to the exhibitor. Industry experts judge each entry on opening day and awards are given for Best New Powerboat, Best New Sailboat, Best New Product – Navigation (including marine electronics), Best New Product – Boat Operation, Maintenance & Safety and a People’s Choice Award for Best Overall Boat Debut chosen by attendees. The NFNP program also includes a “Green” category, and each company accepted into the NFNP program will be eligible for this award. One winner will be chosen for Best New “Green” Boat and one winner will be chosen for Best New “Green” Product, based on the green benefits and features of their entry.
NFNP FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Photo and description in a special section of the September issues of Cruising World, Sailing World and Yachting magazines (national distribution)
- A highlighted listing in the show directory as well as the show and magazine websites
- An NFNP Nominee logo and news release that can be used to promote the new boat or product in your own advertising and PR
- NFNP decal or balloons signifying exhibit is a “must-see” by the thousands of attendees at NIBS
AWARD WINNERS ALSO RECEIVE:
- Banners/Citations to display during the Show and at other events in the future.
- Additional publicity on the boat show and magazine websites, hometown newspapers and other industry publications
- An NFNP Winner logo for continued promotion of your accomplishment all year long, in your advertising and on your website.
The NFNP application is short and simple, requiring contact information, a short description and hi-res photo of the entry. Click below for additional information regarding boat and product applications and criteria, respectively.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for the NFNP program, view our NFNP Sponsorship brochure here.
Each year, Edson International honors four companies whose display exudes pride and professionalism. All exhibits are viewed by an independent group of judges and assessed on: cohesive branding throughout; eye-catching and inviting set-up; well-dressed, friendly, knowledgeable staff; brochures and business cards readily available; neat, clean environment, etc.
Congratulations to the 2017 Edson Awards winners!
BEST IN-WATER POWERBOAT DISPLAY: Kadey-Krogen Yachts
BEST IN-WATER SAILBOAT DISPLAY: HH Catamaran
BEST BOOTH DISPLAY: Aquidneck Mooring Company
BEST LAND DISPLAY AND OVERALL BEST IN SHOW: Ocean Volt
Congratulations to the 2017 winners, and thank you for everything you bring to our industry!
Show Site Map
The 2018 Site Map will be posted in August. Please see below for the 2017 Site Map. Click on each image below to view a zoomable map of the show. To view last year’s show directory, click here.