ENTRY GUIDELINES & CRITERIA
DOES YOUR NEW BOAT OR PRODUCT QUALIFY?
Newport For New Products (NFNP) program criteria:
- Your 2021 Newport International Boat Show Exhibitor Contract must be submitted.
- The Boat(s) or Product(s) you plan to submit will be launched in the U.S. recreational boating market after April 1, 2020 and will be officially introduced in the U.S. market at the 50th Annual Newport International Boat Show.
- BOATS submitted to the NFNP program must either be completely new designs or have more than a 50% structural change to an existing design, resulting in a new model.
- Canoes, kayaks and personal watercraft are not eligible for the NFNP program.
- PRODUCTS submitted to the NFNP program are either for Navigation (includes electronics), Personal Weather Gear (wearable) or for Boat Operation, Maintenance or Boating Safety. The product(s) submitted to this program is either a completely new design or has significant new functionality and/or structural improvements compared to the previous model.
- Boats and Products must be on display in the finished, sellable state at the Newport International Boat Show. No prototypes or “concept” Boats or Products will be considered.
If you are still unsure if your boat or product qualifies, please call Newport Exhibition Group at 401-846-1115 or simply complete the NFNP application form and we will determine if your item qualifies. There is NO FEE to enter, however your Exhibitor Contract and deposit must be received before your Boat or Product can be reviewed/accepted into the NFNP program.
Prior to the Show, a panel of industry experts will review each NFNP application and conduct additional research if necessary to verify the eligibility of all submissions. Starting Wednesday afternoon, September 15, (the day before the show opens) and all through opening day on Thursday, all eligible entries will be visited and inspected by the NFNP judges. At the end of the day, the judges will meet to deliberate and determine the winners. Awards are judged on value to the consumer, design and innovation. The winners will be announced and recognized at an awards ceremony that will take place Friday morning, September 17, 2021. A photo session will follow the ceremony and a release announcing the winners will be issued to the press.
A text reminder will be sent to all participants the night before the awards ceremony.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 15, 2021
If the NFNP application and photo are received by June 15, 2021 and the Boat or Product is accepted into the program, the photo and brief description will appear in a special insert in the September issues of Cruising World, Sailing World and Yachting magazines, which will go on sale in mid-August. The value of this benefit exceeds $85,000 and targets over 1 million affluent consumers – all at no cost to you.
Note: Once accepted into the program, free marketing materials (web banners, graphics, etc.) to promote your Boat or Product are available on the Newport International Boat Show Exhibitor Portal. These materials can be downloaded and are available for your own promotional outreach.