The Newport International Boat Show (NIBS), now in its 53rd year, is managed by Newport Restaurant Group. This dynamic and experienced team of trade/consumer show professionals is dedicated to creating a safe, professional environment where buyers and sellers gather, share, and explore the many facets of the boating and marine industry.
Below are a few of the key reasons NIBS has become a “must do” show for exhibitors and attendees alike. For additional information and further details, please view our Exhibitor Brochure or contact our sales team directly.
- Location, Location, Location: Known for the deep waters of Narragansett Bay, easy ocean access, and a spacious, convenient harbor, Newport, Rhode Island doesn’t just set the stage for world-class boating, it is the stage. Its esteemed nautical history continues to draw, on a global scale, both professional and recreational interest from across the marine industry. This world-renown location presents an ideal venue for NIBS that spans thirteen acres along the vibrant downtown waterfront and draws buyers from the affluent Northeast corridor (Boston to New York), the mid-Atlantic states, and beyond.
- Qualified Attendees: Post-event surveys, industry feedback, and a high rate of returning exhibitors indicates NIBS attendees are interested, educated, financially-able, and are looking to close the deal.
- NIBS is Power & Sail: With over 600 exhibitors and the largest in-water display in New England, both power and sail boats are heavily represented at the show. Whether exploring the docks or searching for the perfect piece of equipment, every type and level of boater has a reason to attend!
- Newport For New Products Program (NFNP): NFNP is a launch pad for new boats and products making their official U.S. debut at the Newport Show. Unique to NIBS and FREE to qualified exhibitors, this nationally-recognized awards and marketing program highlights each NFNP entry at the show, on the NIBS website, and in a special insert in the popular Cruising World, Sailing World, and Yachting magazines. All it takes is a simple application and a photo! Learn more about NFNP.
- NIBS Award for Excellence: Every year, Edson International awards four exhibitors who have gone above and beyond to project their company’s image at the show. Winners receive $1000 off the following year’s display space and a special banner to display proudly during and after the show. Learn more about the NIBS Awards
- Outstanding Marketing & Media: Our multi-tiered marketing and PR strategy puts NIBS on everyone’s calendar! Using almost every platform of media available, including print, TV, radio, email, web and billboards, our marketing plan totals over 180 million estimated impressions