Being the first major show of the fall boat show season, foreign and domestic manufacturers embrace the Newport International Boat Show as the place to launch their new boats and boating products. Even better, NIBS is home to the popular Newport For New Products (NFNP) program which, in partnership with three national boating magazines; Cruising World, Sailing World, and Yachting, showcases these debuts via several marketing and media platforms at no additional cost to the exhibitor. Industry experts judge each entry on opening day and awards are given for Best New Powerboat, Best New Sailboat, Best New Product – Navigation (including marine electronics), Best New Product – Boat Operation, Maintenance & Safety and a People’s Choice Award for Best Overall Boat Debut chosen by attendees. The NFNP program also includes a “Green” category, and each company accepted into the NFNP program will be eligible for this award. One winner will be chosen for Best New “Green” Boat and one winner will be chosen for Best New “Green” Product, based on the green benefits and features of their entry.
NFNP FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Photo and description in a special section of the September issues of Cruising World, Sailing World and Yachting magazines (national distribution)
- A highlighted listing in the show directory as well as the show and magazine websites
- An NFNP Nominee logo and news release that can be used to promote the new boat or product in your own advertising and PR
- NFNP decal or balloons signifying exhibit is a “must-see” by the thousands of attendees at NIBS
AWARD WINNERS ALSO RECEIVE:
- Banners/Citations to display during the Show and at other events in the future.
- Additional publicity on the boat show and magazine websites, hometown newspapers and other industry publications
- An NFNP Winner logo for continued promotion of your accomplishment all year long, in your advertising and on your website.
The NFNP application is short and simple, requiring contact information, a short description and hi-res photo of the entry. Click below for additional information regarding boat and product applications and criteria, respectively.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for the NFNP program, view our NFNP Sponsorship brochure here.